AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

ADV UK: End of an Era PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Editorials
Thursday, 28 February 2008 02:02

A little footnote in the history of UK anime that won't be a surprise to those of you who ave been following recent events. Along with many other people, I received an email late last night from Hugh David, ADV UK's head PR honcho, confirming the closure of ADV International. If you've been to pretty much any UK convention in the past few years, Hugh and the crew from ADV UK will be familiar to you, from industry panels, con booth giveaways, cosplay judging, and any number of other appearances - these guys were never slow to get involved and prove they were as much a part of the fan scene as they were part of the "corporate" side of the anime business. From today, ADV UK is no more, victim of the contracting-out of their work to new UK reps Lace Digital Media.

While not wanting to knock LDMS before they've even gotten started, Hugh and the others at ADV UK will be missed, as they were for so long part of the face of UK anime. To them I say: I wish you all the very best in the future, and hope that the UK's other releasing companies have the good sense to pick up the services of at least some of you - it would be a shame for your knowledge and enthusiasm to go to waste. Hopefully in one way or another, we won't have seen the last of you.

blog comments powered by Disqus