AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives - First Thoughts PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Meanderings
Saturday, 20 August 2011 20:41
Kurogane Taito is an ordinary high school student who keeps having a dream about a mysterious girl who says that she loves him - just after biting him, injecting him with a 'poison' that will bind him to her forever. One day, he's on his way home from school when he sees a truck barreling down on Andou Mirai, a fellow student at Miyasaka High School. Jumping in to push her out of the way, he finds himself being hit by the truck himself - but surprisingly, that's not the end of his life...

This won't hurt a bitWave your ass in the air like you just don't care

An immortal high-school boy, the girl with magical powers who made him that way, and the battles that go on around them. Stop me if this sounds familiar, Kore wa Zombie desu ka? fans. There are some differences, though - leads Taito and Himeo have A History, as do the twin brother who seem to represent the Forces of Evil in this one. Dark Rabbit also seems to outdo KoreZom by being both darker in tone, and more heavily-laden with fanservice - to the point where I'm on the verge of saying it's too much. The animators have clearly spent far too much time getting the girls' panties just right (although there's a 50/50 chance that any given underwear appearance will be obscured by the Blinding Light of "Buy the Blu-ray, Sucker"), and when one scene had a spiky demon appearing from between Loli Character A's legs, the urge to just ::headdesk:: myself into oblivion was very hard to resist. My tolerance for OTT fanservice is getting lower as I get older, I admit.

THE GOOD: Dark story, well-animated, and the characters on the good side of the equation are a decent-enough bunch.

THE BAD: Too much fanservice, cribbing too much from KoreZom (intentionally or not) which is a far better show, the Evil Twins are annoyingly so. Which is never a good thing.

It's not without its charm, and I will admit that if I had had the time last night I would have happily marathoned the episodes that have been released so far. As it was, I only got to episode 2, and while the show has some glaring flaws, I can't say I'm not looking forward to seeing more.

blog comments powered by Disqus