AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

Poyopoyo - First Thoughts PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 1
PoorBest 
Meanderings
Wednesday, 11 January 2012 11:32
Moe Maru (who lives up to her name, despite being 22 years old) first encountered Maru - a lovable ball of a cat - while on a drunken trip home, and just couldn't resist bringing him home with her. He's got typically feline character - surprisingly fast for a fat cat (especially when snaks are on offer), well-tempered, although lacking in feline grace, perhaps, he's the ideal pet - although for some reason Moe's brother just can't seem to bring himself to like him. This is Maru's happy family life...

First meeetingPoyo

Poyopoyo is a series of 3-minute shorts, and the first new series from director Akitaro Diachi (Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl, Fruits Basket, Now and Then Here and There and others) that I've seen in a few years. This is a little bit shorter than those shows, obviously, but it does make for a fun little distraction - and if you saw Fruits Basket and remember the frenetic comedy scenes from that show, you'll have a sense of the comic sensibility of Poyopoyo. Which is right up my alley

THE GOOD: It's a Daichi show. I can't claim to have seen all of his works, but I can say that I've yet to be disappointed by one that I have. Three minutes obviously isn't much to go by, but it looks like this keeps up the standard.

THE BAD: 3-minute shorts are a format that really doesn't appeal to me, unless we're talking Looney Tunes, and if anything's going to put me off, that'll be it.

Still, as I've said before about this format, the time committment is minimal, so I'll be sticking with this for a while yet.

blog comments powered by Disqus