AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

Zettai Bouei Leviatan - First Thoughts PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Meanderings
Saturday, 06 April 2013 22:17
In the world of Aquafall (which isn't as watery as the name suggests), there's a young girl called Leviatan, who possesses magic powers but seems less fortunate on the personality front. While training one morning, she encounters talkative little fairy Syrop, who's decided that Leviatan is destined to help fight the invaders that a falling meteorite have brought to Aquafall. Leviatan, meanwhile, is not convinced...

A rare outing from GONZO, this one - and one that I'm already wishing they hadn't bothered with. This is one of those rare shows where even getting to the end of the first episode was a chore, with a bunch of personality-less characters (okay, there's supposed to be a reason for that in Leviatan's case, but that doesn't excuse the rest of the cast) and contrived situations combining to kill what little interest I had in the series in the first place. I mean, half of the episode is devoted to a bunch of (allegedly) big, hard men chasing around a fairy who dared to make them look bad. Come on.

THE GOOD: Magical girl elements. That's normally catnip for me, but THE BAD was more than enough to conteract the effect.

THE BAD: Intolerably dull. The episode's 'big conflict' is over minutae (as if picking on a fairy is REALLY MANLY). Barely registerable levels of personality in its characters.

That all adds up to the first 'one-and-done' of the season. Gone, and already forgotten.

Zettai Bouei Leviatan is streamed by Crunchyroll.

blog comments powered by Disqus