AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

Joss Whedon to do Live-Action Sailor Moon!? (Update 2) PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Upcoming Shows
Tuesday, 18 April 2006 17:00
This one's firmly from the rumour mill, as I can't find any confirmation anywhere - so consider it an idea to fear or look forward to, depending on your point of view. If anyone can confirm the rumour, send me a link...

moviehotties.com is reporting, allegedly by way of an article in the Japanese magazine Animage, that Fox have picked up the rights to create a live-action Sailor Moon movie:
Animage, in their current issue, announced that Fox has acquired the rights to the popular anime series SAILOR MOON and is looking to Joss Whedon to presumably write and direct a live action film. Further, they're hoping Miss Can't Keep Her Genitals Inside Her Clothes herself Lindsay Lohan will star alongside Jennifer Garner (as the main villain) in an all non-Asian cast.
Let's compare and contrast Miss Lohan to Miss Tsukino, just for dramatic effect, shall we?

I'm not seeing much in the way of comparison, other than the stick-insect build. All of this is speculation, of course, but if true Joss Whedon's involvement interests me - I was a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan back when it was airing, and I have to say Sailor Moon would have something of that vibe about it. Curious.

UPDATE: ANN have picked up this story and been able to confirm that, as most suspected, the story is false. You can call breath a sigh of relief, now.

UPDATE 2: There's some truth in the rumour after all. MTV recently interviewed Lohan & asked about the Sailor Moon rumour - Lohan admitted she'd been sent some material on the project, but wasn't saying much past that:
The people behind the upcoming big-screen adaptation of the Japanese manga series "Sailor Moon" have sent her some materials to look at, she said, and fans have begun lobbying hard for Lohan to play the titular character, a rail-thin blonde known for her strong powers and sexy costumes.

"I read that [online] the other day," Lohan said of her supposed "Sailor" casting. "I haven't read the script; I don't even know if there is a script. ... I read a lot of things [online] that I don't know about myself that apparently people think are true."
Never say never, it seems...
blog comments powered by Disqus