AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

Ah! My Goddess Anime Not Done Yet PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Upcoming Shows
Saturday, 18 September 2010 18:52

Ah! My GoddessIt was only a few weeks ago that I was writing the review for what at the time was the final animated instalment of Ah! My Goddess - and frankly, I wasn't all that sad to see it go. As if to taunt me, though, there's now word that a new animated instalment, in the form of a single-episode OAD ("Original Animated Disc", usually distributed with a copy of the relevant manga) is on its way. It's set for release on 23 February 2011 in Japan, and of course as yet there's no word as to when or if it'll make its way westwards (licensing of OADs really can't be taken for granted) or what the story will cover - with 20 years of manga to work with, there's no shortage of material to work with. The episode will be directed by Hiroaki Gohda, who was also responsible for the other animated versions of the title, and will have a theme song performed by fripSide - which makes me interested already, as they've done some awesome songs for A Certain Scientific Railgun and other recent shows. Just don't get any hopes up about Keiichi and Belldandy finally getting it on.

blog comments powered by Disqus