AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

Megami #50: July 2004
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Written by maehara   
Tuesday, 15 June 2004 00:00
Megami - Issue 50Time for Megami's 50th-episode spectacular - sort of...

First noticeable difference from the usual Megami issue is the lack of the fold-out poster, which has been replaced this month with a 64cm-tall cardboard standee of Hikari from KonoMini. For the rest of the issue, you get this lot:

Fold-Out Posters
DearS
Keiji Gotoh's Wonderland
Girls Bravo
Koikaze
Hanaukyo Maid Tai ~La Verite~
Onegai Twins (x2)
Galaxy Angel
KonoMini
DC ~Da Capo~
Operation Sanctuary
(short story on reverse)
My Hime (short story on reverse)
Uta~kata
Elfen Lied
Memories Off 3.5
YamiBou
Urushihara Satoshi Alpha
Aquarian Age
Wind ~a breath of heart~
Girls Avenue

I admit I miss the pull-out poster - the Hikari standee is nice, but probably won't get as much use from me as a poster would. But such is life. Otherwise, the posters this month are a fairly diverse collection, with a few good ones tucked in there. Not as spectacular as I was hoping, though.

Insert Booklet
Megami Magazine Chronicle - with cover pics of all 50 issues so far plus the Gakken Mook collection. Mainly for the historically curious - something you'll flick through once (or use as a reference for those trying to get a full set from Yahoo Auctions), but not much interest otherwise.

Manga Insert
RGB

Articles
Akane Maniax
Girls Bravo
Wind ~a breath of heart~
TV series
Operation Sanctuary
Elfen Lied
KonoMini
YamiBou
Fandisk
DearS
Memories Off 3.5
Ragnarok: The Animation
Hanaukyo Maid Tai ~La Verite~
KoiKaze
Raimuiro Senkitan OVA
Tenjou Tenge
Godannar
2nd Season
Bakuretsu Tenshi
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue

...plus the usual new release, game & hentai sections.

I'm almost slightly disappointed - although that's mainly down to me buying into the hype that was around this issue. It's not really that diferrent from a standard Megami issue, and given its higher-than-usual price that means it's not as good value as it usually is. Still worth getting, though.

blog comments powered by Disqus