AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

Megami #63: August 2005
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Written by maehara   
Friday, 05 August 2005 12:42
Megami #63 - Cover ArtAnother month, another issue of Megami, and with Japan still being in the midst of summer it doesn't take a genius to figure out what sort of image this month's issue is heavy with - yup, it's another swimsuit issue.  Which is never a bad thing...

Pull-Out Posters
Shuffle!
DCSS

Other Posters
He is My Master
Kamichu
Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~
Akahori Gedou Hour
Ichigo Mashimaro
(pictured)
Ah! My Goddess (pictured)
Futakoi Alternative
Mahou Sensei Negima x3
Galaxy Angel
Air
PetoPeto-san
Gemini Knives
Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

...plus 2 others I couldn't identify.

Megami #63 - Ichigo MashimaroMegami #63 - Ah! My Goddess

A fair number of series featured this month that I haven't seen any of yet, which tells me I need to take a look at my new-series backlog, as some of these posters are very easy on the eye.  Ichigo Mashimaro looks set to take the prize for cutest series ever, while Mahou Sensei Negima comes off best in terms of number of posters featured, thanks to a special feature on the show in the magazine itself.  Overall, a very good bunch of posters.

Articles
Ichigo Mashimaro
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
My:HiME
Air TV
Shuffle!
(pictured)
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
DCSS
PetoPeto-san
Kamuchi
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
Futago-hime
Mahou Sensei Negima
Ah! My Goddess
Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~
He is My Master
Futakoi Alternative
KoiKoi 7
Amaenai de yo!!
(pictured)
Oku-sama wa Mahou Shoujo
Akahori Gedou Hour
Kirameki Project

...plus the usual game, release and hentai sections.

Megami #63 - Shuffle!Amaenai de yo!!

Hentai fans will be disappointed to see their section reduced to a star-filled half page - I have to wonder if that section's on its way out, as it hasn't been getting much love lately.  Unlike the girls featured.  The main articles cover the usual batch of new and popular shows - as mentioned, Mahou Sensei Negima gets a large portion of it, thanks to a pull-out center section special to got along with the unusual warp-around cover of this month's issue (no advert on the back, for once).  I'm not a huge fan of the show so it's all wasted on me, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who will appreciate it.  In general, though, it's another good selection.

Megami's quality has been a little hit-or-miss of late, but this issue is definitely one of the best of recent times.  Well worth getting for your bishoujo fix.

blog comments powered by Disqus