AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

Sentai May Releases Bring Three More New Titles PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Licensing
Tuesday, 02 March 2010 15:21

Before we get onto the new stuff, Sentai will be releasing Appleseed on Blu-ray. The company has already released the title on DVD after resucing it from Geneon USA, although interestingly the Blu-ray re-release will be getting a new dub soundtrack using the cast that was used for the Appleseed: Ex Machina sequel. Something to look out for.

Hell GirlAlso sort-of in the 'rescue' category is Hell Girl Futakomori (or Hell Girl: Two Mirrors, as Sentai will be calling it), the second season of drag-you-to-hell stories featuring the enigmatic Ai Enma. The first season of the series was released by FUNimation, who seem to have passed on this one - as shame for dub fans, but for the rest of us it's at least confirmation that the season will be released. Now go out and buy it so we can get Hell Girl Mitsuganae as well.

Eyeshield 21Next up is Eyeshield 21, which continues Sentai's recent run of longer shows that have already been streamed via Crunchyroll. This one's a sports / comedy based around the misfits that make us a highschool American football team - I've only seen a few episodes of this one, but despite not being a huge gridiron fan I have to admit it made me laugh. At 145 episodes, though, expect to be collecting for a while.

Asu no Yoichi!Finally, we have Asu no Yoichi!, aka Samurai Harem, a more manageable 12-episode series that follows young martial artist Yoichi, who decides to leave his family's mountainside home after his father tells him there is nothing more he can learn in martial arts there. His travels take him to the city, where he finds himself training with four beautiful sisters who promise to provide him with a more severe "training" regime. Haven't seen anything of this one, but the character designs of the girls scream "moe~!" at me. Take that as you will.

All titles will street in the US during May.

blog comments powered by Disqus