AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

FUNi Nab Black Butler PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Licensing
Tuesday, 30 March 2010 00:00

Black ButlerThere's a title I can see the politically correct crowd having some fun with. FUNimation announced their acquisition of Black Butler (aka Kuroshitsuji) at their latest online mini-con last night. Hint for those readying the pitchforks: it's about a butler who wears black, and not a butler who is black. Specifically, the butler in question is the impeccable Sebastian Michaelis, who can carry out practically any task his master requires of him — partly because he is a demon. His current master is Ciel, the Phantomhive family head who is smart, business-savvy, and all of 12 years old.

FUNi were pitching this as a "major" announcement ahead of their panel, as apparently there's been quite a bit of fan buzz around the title (and a second season, featuring a new butler and master, is scheduled to appear in Japan during the summer season), but I have to admit it's one that has passed me by. The series is based on a manga series that has currently been doing rather well for its US publisher, Yen Press, so no doubt FUNi are hoping the anime will repeat that success.

blog comments powered by Disqus