AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

Manga Tweets Eureka SeveN, Musashi Movies PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Licensing
Tuesday, 30 March 2010 00:00

Eureka SeveNThe Manga UK Twitter feed is fast becoming the place to get all your UK licensing information from, and word tweeted out yesterday of their acquisition of two new movies.

First up is Eureka SeveN: Pocket Full of Rainbows (also subtitled Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers for its English-language release), a re-imagining for the Eureka Seven TV series - I loved the TV show, but it's worth noting that the movie only has the characters and basic setting in common with it, and uses them to tell a somewhat different story. The movie has had mixed reviews, but is one of the biggest-selling Blu-ray releases in Japan, so it must be doing something right. I'll admit I'm very much looking forward to this one.

Next up is samurai drama Musashi: Dream of the Last Samurai (which I keep seeing as Mushishi, which is something entirely different). This one is based on an idea by Mamoru Oshii and produced by Production IG, a combination that should make for a rather bloody story - although the description does make the subject matter sound rather dry. From ANN:

Oshii developed and wrote this story about Musashi, the real-life swordsmen who pioneered the Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu style of two-sword fighting and wrote The Book of Five Rings classic on military strategy.

Hmmm. Not having seen the movie yet, I can't comment - but here's hoping for something with a similar tone to Shigurui. Both movies will apparently be released on both DVD and Blu-ray later in the year.

blog comments powered by Disqus