AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

Anime On Demand Updates PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
News and Events
Monday, 04 April 2011 13:05

Anime On DemandRight. A little news on the Anime On Demand front, rounded up from various sources, which I'll break down into bite-sized chunks.

The site's first simulcast goes live this evening (19:00 UK, I believe), and is Tiger and Bunny. Have a read of my first thoughts on that one - and yay, I won't have to worry about proxying it for the rest of the season. The first four episodes of the series will be available free of charge. Further titles are to come so watch this space.

The first 'archive' title to appear will be Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, a 26-episode supernatural action / fantasy piece, which will be included in this season's season pass - date and time for the appearance of the first episodes is still TBA, though.

Other shows will be added throughout April. Some of the simulcast announcements have been delayed due to the current situation in Japan, which I think earns a little understanding; but there are set to be 6 simulcast shows, of which at least 4 will be AOD-exclusive in the UK.

Mini-FAQ:
- a season pass will cover all shows in a particular season, and will expire one month after the season ends, after which the episodes will be available as pay-per-view. Where a simulcast season is two-cour or more, you'll need to keep buying season passes for the relevant seasons to get the new episodes.
- archive shows that are two-cour (like the aforementioned Nura) will be streamed two episodes per week so that they fit into one season.
- streams will be provided in 480P and 720P resolutions.
- if you don't want to spring for a season pass, a pay-per-view option is being explored, but won't be available for launch.
- the service is available to both the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- it's planned to make the first few episodes of each series available in ad-supported form on YouTube.
- you'll be able to buy season passes via the site from later today.

Tiger and Bunny is a good series to start with - well worth taking a look at.

UPDATE: Full press release for the Tiger and Bunny confirmation is below the cut.

PARIS, France, April 4th, 2011 - Anime on Demand is proud to announce its first simulcast ­ the exclusive TIGER & BUNNY from 04 April, with the first four episodes available free of charge. Simulcasting will continue every weekend alongside broadcast in Japan from now on.

TIGER & BUNNY is directed by Keiichi Sato (character design / mechanic design / concept works supervisor of THE BIG O), with original character designs by Masakazu Katsura, creator of I"s and VIDEO GIRL AI. Stern Bild is a metropolitan city where superheroes called NEXT help to maintain peace. Sporting sponsor logos on their suits, these heroes work to solve cases and save people's lives in order to earn Hero Points, while also helping to improve the public image of their corporate sponsors. Their activities are documented and broadcast by the popular show "HERO TV" in which each superhero strives to become the "King of Heroes" of the year.

One such hero is Wild Tiger (real name Kotetsu T. Kaburagi), a veteran superhero who relies on his years of experience and instincts to fight crime. Though obligated to work for his boss's best interest, Kotetsu follows his own code of honor and is even willing to cause destruction to public property for the sake of protecting the lives of his fellow citizens.

Over time, he has grudgingly earned the nickname "Crusher for Justice." Now, Kotetsu suddenly finds himself forced to team up with rookie hero Barnaby Brooks Jr.

"We're very excited to make Sunrise's latest creation, TIGER & BUNNY, available to fans in the UK exclusively through Anime-On-Demand.com," says Andrew Partridge, UK Business Development. "The incredibly creative story alongside the show's uncanny potential to create the same excitement in new fans that tiles like Cowboy Bebop did before it is what drew us in. We can't wait to share the UK premiere with you today and all further episodes in sync with broadcast from here on out!"

To view the official trailer and to follow TIGER & BUNNY's release please visit AoD's official Facebook page at Anime-on-Demand. For more information on TIGER & BUNNY and other animated titles from AoD please visit www.Anime-On-Demand.com.

blog comments powered by Disqus