AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

Bobobo-bo Bobobo (Episodes 1-2) PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 29
PoorBest 
Now in Japan
Tuesday, 06 April 2004 00:00
Bobobo-bo Bobobo - Episode 1A story of hair, peace and freedom from the Margerita Empire... It's Bobobo-bo Bobobo, quite possibly the wackiest show of the season...

1 - Soul of the Hair / Sparkling
For some reason, rather than raping & pillaging or whatever when invading a village, the soldiers of the Margerita Empire just remove your hair. Go figure. When they pick on young girl Beauty, however, things don't go quite according to plan - with a mighty flick of his nostril hair, Bobobo-bo Bobobo saves the day. He's got style, he's got power.. he's got prehensile nose-hair & little people living in his nostrils. Ever since he was a kid, Bobobo's been able to hear the voices of hair - and ever since he was separated from his father (a finely pH-balanced hair) by the Hair Snatchers he's been out to protect hair everywhere from them. At least I think that's what was happening - hard to follow events through all those flashbacks... ^^;

2 - Tears of the Hair / Sentimental
Bobobo-bo faces a battle with Don Pachi, leader of a group who have mistaken him for a wig-wearer. Easy mistake when you consider what comes out of his hair at times... Bobobo-bo's solution - wear Don Pachi as a hat. Problem solved. Cue some more episodes from Bo-bobo Theatre, explaining Don Pachi's sad history before the battle properly begins... No sooner does it start, though, than it's interrupted when Beauty is kidnapped by one of the Hair Snatcher leaders - and so Bobobo-bo and Don Pachi join forces to rescue her...

Episode 1 was fun - this show is just so off-the-wall & full of initially unexpected gags that you had to love it. Then episode 2 came along, and the same jokes were repeated over again, and I lost interest. I have visions of this being the same thing over & over again, until Bobobo-bo's nostril hairs become a never-ending nightmare in my head...

The initial feel of the show is very much like Jungle Guu, but Bobobo didn't quite manage to grab me in the way that Guu did. It may make more sense to watch one episode at a time - more than that could lead to overload. Overall, though, I'll say your mileage may vary - it didn't work for me, but you may have better luck.