AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru OVA PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 55
PoorBest 
Now in Japan
Tuesday, 09 August 2005 13:25
Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru - Title CardBoku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru (that translates as I'm in Love with my Little Sister) covers the same area as KoiKaze - the taboo subject of incest.  If KoiKaze's exploration of forbidden relationships freaked you out, you'll want to give this a pass, but if you're okay with the subject matter, this is quite a good little OVA...

Yori Yuki and his younger sister Iku have always been very close - until recently.  Yori seems to have become colder in his attitude to Iku, seemingly trying hard to stay away from her - he's even considering transferring to another school - and it's bothering Iku greatly.  Yori growing to hate is sister isn't the problem, though - rather, he's falling in love with her.  He's painfully aware that it's very much a forbidden love, and since he and Iku sleep in the same room it's causing him a lot of sleepless nights as he grapples with his feelings.  Even his friends have begun to notice that he seems to be in love - and not with his nominal girlfriend Tomoka.  The final straw is hearing Iku start talking about how much she wants a boyfriend - unable to bear the thought of her pairing off with anyone other than himself, he finally confesses his feelings to his sister.  But getting his feelings off his chest just makes both their lives more difficult...

Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru - The Substitute, TomokaBoku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru - Iku doesn't know how to take Yori's confession

I really need to see KoiKaze, as it's the poster child for how this particular taboo subject should be properly handled.  This one isn't bad, but Iku initially 'gives in' to Yori's feelings a little too quickly for my liking.  Naturally, the course of their love doesn't go remotely smoothly, especially after Iku finds out about his trip to a love hotel with Tomoka - but that incident pushes Iku from "stunned and slightly repelled" to "yours completely" a little bit quicker that I would have thought believable.  Not that I have any experience of that sort or relationship..!

Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru - ..at least not at first.Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru - Happily ever after?

Yori's solution to the problem of what other people will think takes him back to his plan to transfer to another school - if he goes to a school in another prefecture where it's not know that Iku is his sister, they can be as normal a couple as the circumstances allow, but their parting isn't easy on Iku.  While the OVA ends at that point, the Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru story doesn't - this is based on an ongoing manga series, of which the OVA covers the first part.  I'll admit it's acted as a good teaser to trying to track down the manga to see what happens next, as I understand there are a few good twists still to come.

What's here is well worth watching, although I wish there was more.  It can get quite graphic in places, so be warned.

News (14 March 2006): Live-Action Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru