AnimeVision

a whole world of anime

Comic Party #3: The Big Time PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
R1 DVD Reviews
Monday, 20 September 2004 00:00
Comic Party - Volume 3Having recently been impressed by Comic Party Revolution, I decided to dig this off the backlog shelf and see how it went. Seems I'm still not enjoying Comic Party as much as I did first time around...

7 - The Festival of Hope
It's time for Comic Party, and Kazuki's all set with his well-researched, something-for-everyone doujinshi. He's about to find out that if you try to be all things to all people, you end up pleasing no-one...

8 - At the Seashore...
Kazuki's depressed following his bad Comic Party experience, and even a trip to the beach with Mizuki isn't cheering him up - he just seems determined to sit on the shore and brood about his doujinshi. His lack on interest in just about anything eventually annoys Mizuki to the point where she runs off and leaves him - just as a hurricane hits the beach they were visiting...

9 - The Unforgettable Dream
Summer break is over - Kazuki's still depressed, and Mizuki's still not speaking to him. Even Taishi's having problems with him, especially after Kazuki announces he's quitting the doujinshi scene. Of course, Taishi's the person who's least likely to take such an announcement lying down. Yuu's not about to give up on him either, although her tactics are a little more subtle...

Mini-Special 3 - A Truth and a Surprise! Chase Down the Mystery Behind Human Evolution!
Deep in the underground temple, Kazuki and co continue to unearth stoneage doujinshi - seems the ancients were as keen on exhibition and spot sales as modern folk...

The mini-specials are still the highlights of these discs, which is quite sad, really. The main problem with this disc is that the show starts to take itself a little too seriously, and it spoils the feel of the show - Kazuki spends far too much time wallowing in self pity that it stops being fun to watch, and the circumstances of his doujinshi 'failure' mean you don't have a hell of a lot of sympathy for the guy either.

I'll still probably pick up the final volume of Comic Party, but it's more out of being a completist than a burning desire to see the rest of the show. After promising beginnings, it seems to have lost it's way - particularly in light of how Revolution turned out.

blog comments powered by Disqus